Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2014 - Fear or Faith?


"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."  Isaiah 41:10

It's New Year's Eve. One of my personal traditions at this time is to take stock of the previous years, counting my many blessings, reviewing my choices, confessing any sin and looking forward with excitement to the coming New Year.

For me the New Year smacks of potential, adventure and opportunities. A sense of anticipation stirs in my spirit. I feel like a runner waiting for the starting gun to go off, but I know that for others, the New Year brings feelings of apprehension, anxiety and fear.  Many are facing financial crisis, a terrifying diagnosis or an uncertain future for whatever reason.

My heart aches for them. Especially those who don't have a vibrant relationship with the Lord. Where do they find their strength? Where do they turn for help? How do they face the future without His peace in their heart and the assurance that He will uphold them through all of life's troubles.

I tried it...going life alone. It wasn't fun. I messed it all up. Then the Father called out to me, gently drawing me to Himself. I surrendered and He filled me with the most incredible sense of well-being. It was His peace that surpassed all understanding. My life did not become a bed of roses. All my problems did not disappear, but I no longer have to go it alone. He has been with us every step of the way and He will do the same for you, my friend.

Just reach out to Him. This would be the perfect time to do that. Invite Him into your life and step into 2014 in faith, not fear, knowing that He is upholding you with His mighty right hand.

God bless you and Happy New Year!


------------------------------------------------------- 
If you enjoyed this post, please feel free to share it with your friends using the Facebook, Twitter and other share buttons below. Thanks!

2 comments:

Reformed rebel said...

Happy New Year Jan!!

Jan Christiansen said...

Thank you, Chelle! (just saw your comment). Hope your new year is off to a great start!